Thread: Cypop14
View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2012, 08:52 AM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

jmima is on a distinguished road
Default Cypop14

I'm stuck on this...

How to support a child or young person to end a relationship that is making them unhappy

So far I have written this:

If a relationship is making a child or young person unhappy, ultimately, it may be best to end this relationship. For children, this may be a friendship where a certain amount of bullying is involved, and for young people, this might be an emotional relationship. As explained above, it would be important to talk through the good and bad points, then allow them to make an informed decision for themselves. Once a conclusion had been reached that the relationship should come to an end, we, as childcare practitioners, can support the child or young person to end the relationship in a peaceful way, giving them the peace of mind that they need.

The thing is, I'm supposed to write about 500 words per question, with at least 2 quotes from 2 different sources I just don't know what to write! I've googled till I'm blue in the face and I can not find any quotes to back up how to end bad friendships.. Anyone?!?!?!

-----------------------------------------