View Single Post
Unread 05-08-2006, 09:07 PM

Miss Muffet is on a distinguished road
Highfive

We actually had a BBQ yesterday, after the rain! It was still good though.

I have a few favourite recipes for BBQing

Savoury Patties:
Take 1 tube/packet sausage meat, 1 small packet of sage & onion stuffing (made up), and a chopped onion, chuck into a bowl and squidge (technical term!) together. Toss in flour and seasoning and cook. These patties freeze well, so make a big batch.

Roasted Pepper Mayo:
Deseed and quarter a couple of your favourite colour peppers (we like red), place on a baking tray, drizzle with olive oil and roast until soft and slightly charred. Whizz up (another technical term) with mayonnaise and seasoning and either use as a dip or a sauce.

BBQ'd Bananas:
Split the skin of a banana lengthways and open slightly so the banana remains inside. Stuff with chocolate and marshmallows or peanut butter, wrap in tinfoil and BBQ for a yummy dessert. :drool:

I also have a great recipe for tandoori chicken kebabs (low fat too!), but give me a few days to find it!

BBQ Recipes I have found a few good recipes here - especially this one: Shudderuppers

Don't forget to patronise your local butcher. If you have one of the more well-known ones locally, see if you can get pork and black pudding sausages - OMG they are fantastic!!!!:drool: :drool: :drool: Oh yeah, and good chunks of black pud on kebabs with other bits 'n' bobs is fab too!

Mmmmm, think we'll have another BBQ soon! :rotfl: :rotfl: