View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2009, 07:22 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

amytough is on a distinguished road

Not anymore no since I handed in my dissertation just today :) But many thanks for offering your assistance.

For those who requested results.

Overall 74% of all teachers have an understanding that bullying can occur in children under the age of 8 years, this increased to 100% for people working in nursery and infant school setting.

The purpose of the research was to address a dearth of literature studying bullying in children below the age of 8 as the absence of studies could suggest that it is a non-existent behaviour in children, and as research often guide the formation of policy there was a concern that current strategies may not be useful and appropriate for younger children especially as, at the present time, there is a one-size-fits-all policy determining strategies from nursery to senior school.

However, it has been seen that although teachers do use policy guidance, it does not stand in place of their own knowledge, but rather enhances it. However, there was a wide range of beliefs about the frequency, definitions and children's own understanding of bullying behaviour that could benefit from stronger policy guidance. This should allow school staff to respond in an increasingly cooperative way.

Although the policy is not bad, improvements could be made and my final suggestion was that the policy needed to be revised into stages to meet the specific developmental needs of children at all levels.

I hope this makes sense and is interesting to you. As I said before I am only an undergraduate student so none of this is be any means statistically significant, nor does it enjoy any high levels of reliability or validity. However I enjoyed writing it and am very grateful for your support in this matter. If you have any further questions I will try to answer them as best I can.

Thanks again!