Thread: Ucas???????
View Single Post
Unread 10-15-2011, 11:59 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Charlie101 View Post
Hi
Lyn c- Yea I saw you could do extra to make it an 'Extended Diploma' and yet it still dosnt count.
Tutu- Ah see there is my problem, I no I'm older that alot of students when they start but at 20 so I'd be 21 if I where to start in 2012, I don't think I'm classed as a mature student.
Also because I have only just passed my level 3 the local Uni won't except me for a foundation degree... Which I do totally understand. Plus even if I waited 2or 3 years until they would except me they dont do a foundation degree in the course I am most intrested in...
Aghhh I wish I had never looked at my sisters prospectuses I wasnt thinking about Uni before that!
Thans for your help,
Charlie
Hi Charlie

My daughter didn't need ucas points to go to uni she completed her level 5 whilst working in a setting (she is 23), she has just handed in her work for her EYPS (Early Years Professional Status ) and her BA this has all be done through her workplace attending Uni on Saturdays and and weekdays and completing course work in the evenings, it has been a tough 4 years for her but she would like now to become an assessor. so just trying to show you that you can achieve things through different ways and if you are determined this must be a way.

Lynne