View Single Post
Unread 02-17-2012, 08:06 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

janemsha is on a distinguished road
Default TDA 3.2 Schools as organisations

Hi i have had this unit signed off at last, it such a long one.
Hope this helps:-

6.1 Summarise roles/responsibilities of national and local government for education policy and practice.
National government- i wrote about The department for education and childrens services, talk about its roles and responsibilities ie. set national curriculum, set EYFS, league tables ect.

Local government- i wrote about local education authority (education leeds for me) staff training, development of policies, SEN, school management issues ect.

6.2 Explain the role of schools in relation to national policies relating to children young ppeople and families.

I wrote quite alot for this but in brief:-
importance of schools been aware of the policies, children act 2004 set out national framework for delivering childrens services and introduced every child matters (write about the 5 outcomes for every child matters)
I also wrote about the government commitment that by 2010 schools would provide extended services and what this would mean.

6.3 Explain the role of other organisations working with children and young people and how these may impact on work of the school.

NHS- work closely with schools, routine in school screening or one to one ie speech therapist. Promote healthy eating/exercise. Fit for life initiative.

Charity organisations- i wrote about a local lottery funded art group that came into school once a week to work with child and their parents. Look at things like lets get cooking ect.

Write about why it beneficial for other orgs to work in schools, community cohesion, shre knowledge/experience, develop strong links, all want best for child.

Good luck, hope it helps abit. Any other probs just ask.