View Single Post
Unread 03-22-2016, 09:23 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

marinavayanos is on a distinguished road

Hi everyone

Please could someone help me. On the NCFE level 3 course I am doing, I need to demonstrate the various skills and get a witness statement signed by the class teacher. For unit 6, (promote children and young people's positive behaviour), I have already described the policies and procedures around behaviour, evaluated these, and explained the benefits of promoting positive behaviour, and I have also outlined how I try to behave in school as a reflective account. I am a bit confused on the following tasks:

6.5: Demonstrate ways of establishing ground rules with children and young people which underpin appropriate behaviour and respect for others
6.6 Demonstrate strategies for promoting positive behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting
6.7 Demonstrate realistic, consistent and supportive responses to children and young people's behaviour
6.9 Demonstrate strategies for minimising disruption through inappropriate behaviour of children and young people
6.10 Demonstrate strategies for managing inappropriate behaviour according to the policies and procedures of the setting
6.11 Apply rules and boundaries consistently and fairly, according to the age, needs and abilities of children and young people
6.12 Provide support for colleagues to deal with inappropriate behaviour of children and young people.

To me these are all asking for the same kind of thing, to show that you know how to reward good behaviour and punish bad behaviour within the class situation. Having already described the school policies in huge detail, I'm unsure how to answer all these questions without saying the same thing.

I am not employed as a TA, I just go in 2 days a week as a volunteer. The school has examplary behaviour and I rarely see any behaviour which could be described as bad let alone challenging.

Any help is welcome