View Single Post
Unread 07-11-2012, 11:41 AM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Giggles79 is on a distinguished road

Hi, this was the last unit i did and its been signed off by my tutor, hopefully it might help you a little bit, you are on the right track hope my words help you find your own!!

There are many different types of transitions that can affect children or young person’s development some of these are:

• Emotional – These transitions could be something which affects the child personally such as the death of a loved one, separation of parents, entering or leaving care.
• Physical – This could be moving from one nursery room to another, moving house, moving towns or simply moving from one activity to another.
• Physiological – This could be dealing with a long term medical condition such as cerebral palsy or a chromosome problem, in older children it could be puberty, scarring through illnesses or accidents.
• Intellectual –This could be leaving nursery for primary school, primary school for high school or a change in setting completely.

Children and young people may be affected by the transitions they make, sometimes the effects are short term and temporary, however it is important that adults working with children and young people monitor them as some cases extra support may be needed.