View Single Post
Unread 02-06-2012, 07:59 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi, for 2.1 i wrote about:

Words and levels of language such as age/stage appropriatte, give them plenty of time to answer as a child takes longer to process the information given to them, you look at them and they look at you, get down to their level, speak at a normal pace and use language that they understand

Questions such as Rhetorical, closed and open, when to use questions (age/stage)
conversations/interaction

Information and activities
such as activities based on a child's interests, i gave a few examples one was sharing the book the very hungary catterpillar, i extended this by providing a butterfly garden with very small and hungry caterpillars (5 in total), the children loved listening to the book and joining in with the words, they then experienced the factual side of this by watching and exploring new words such as cocoon, eating a nice green leaf to help his/her stomach ache (children saying that the green leaf was medicine for the caterpillar). Talking about what the caterpillars turn into and watching the butterflies being released, this extended every child’s communication and knowledge in one way or another. We also expanded this with a cd and book with the cd unit for them to listen to when they wanted too, we also had the story sack complete with all props for the children to interact with. We also provide designing and mark making equipment in the creative area to encourage them to write as a form of communicating (probably for the older children more but some younger children participated too). You can also incorporate songs for a child to communicate which we did teach the children a song called “there’s a tiny caterpillar on a leaf wriggle, wriggle” with actions if they didn’t want to participate in singing

Work with parents
such as reviews with parents emphasizing how important communication is, i wrote about times that parents communicate with their child e.g. on the way home in the car, dinnertime, bathtime, bedtime. SDtrong secure relationships with parents. How a SENCO will support a child with communication difficulties, referrals, parents permission, SALT.

Hope it gives you some ideas to work on. i have completed the other 2 questions too so if you need help just ask and i will give you some guidance

Lynne

================================================== ===================
If you're reading this post kindly submitted by a silkysteps forum member
Do not copy and paste it.
AVOID PLAGIARISM

Read it only, inform your knowledge and find links to creditable sources that you can quote.
Then write from your own perspective using your own words to reflect professional practice & research
================================================== ===================