View Single Post
Unread 06-17-2012, 06:57 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Welshieschick View Post
I dont know if anyone else is feeling a bit swamped with the sheer amount of written work involved in the QCF level 3 CCLD diploma ! I completed the NVQ3 In Health and Social Care CYP 2 years ago and was employed in a Nursery Setting where I was then told my NVQ did not class me as a 'qualified member of staff in the environment' therefore I have had to go back to college to do the above mentioned diploma but am baffled as to how much the qualification has changed. I completed 8 units and 2 full observations and did this the same time as the CWDC Profile Workbook (as I was a Foster Carer at the time) within 6 months. However, I am going to struggle to get this done within a year and feel that there is an extortionate amount of written work compared to the NVQ....am I right in thinking that ? I have already completed 13 assignments, still have another 4 to do and thats just the Mandatory units !!! I have been told tho that the level of my work is such that all have been graded as 'distinctions' and my tutor said these would help immensely if I choose to go on and do the Foundation Degree !

Just need a boost from a fellow level 3'er and assurance that there is end in sight !!!
Hi
yes i agree i completed my nvq 2 years ago and about a year ago passed my level 3 it is very hard and time consuming and i think the children deserve the best just like tutu says but unfortunately we are classed as professionals but don't get a professional wage, but again i enjoy working with children so the money for me isnt important but as long as i get by and i enjoy my job then i am happy.

Lynne