View Single Post
Unread 09-05-2008, 04:57 PM
hattyhar

Hi

I would suggest that you phone nurseries and speak to the manager about possible job opportunities. When I worked in a nursery we used to get masses of CV's just sent in and being busy you don't always have the time to reply to them all, although you try. If you phone the manager will get a feel for how motivated and comitted you are to breaking into the profession, this way you will stand out from all the other people that just send in CV's.

Another way you could get more experience working with children would perhaps helping at something like Rainbow's, Brownies, Beavers or Cubs. This would be smething else you could put on your CV which would be child related, and you also get opportunies to go on training sessions such as First Aid, which is always helpful. This website page will give you more info about volunteering with Rainbows & Brownies:
http://www.girlguiding.org.uk/xq/asp...in/article.asp

I would also suggest that when you are thinking about your CV think about all the other skills that you have which you could use with children if you worked in a nursery, eg maybe you enjoy gardening - and could say that gardening is a hobby and that you would love to use these skills with children.

I'm sure if you really want to get into this profession that will come across the employers.

Good luck & don't give up

Harriet :-)