View Single Post
Unread 01-29-2014, 01:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

heva89 is on a distinguished road

This is my answer, but when i gave it in, my assessor told me that I need to identify the positives.

Language is the centre of cognitive and social development. It allows you to think and process new information. It is important to indentify delays in speech, language and communication early, so that there is early intervention. During this stage children’s brains are still developing, so it is critical that we they received early intervention as it can change the impact on a child’s communication difficulty, thus in turn, can have a positive effect on the behaviours later on in life. The faster a child’s needs could be identified the greater the chance there is to make sure they don’t get left behind. Children’s speech, language and communication strengthen other areas of a child’s development. Children with poor speech may find it harder to understand the link between sounds and letter shapes, thus delaying the reading and writing skills. They may find it a lot more difficult to control their behaviour or play with other children as a result, thus developing antisocial behaviours, leaving them feeling isolated and frustrated.

I have answered the question which asks for the potentail risks. can anyone give me any positives from early identification??