View Single Post
Unread 07-19-2011, 08:33 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default eymp 1 Explain how the environment meets the needs of individual children

Hi
any help just two questions left need to hand in tomorrow morning.

first question do i write about the area i have set up or the whole environment?
2.3. Explain how the environment meets the needs of individual children.

do i link it with these questions
2.1. Prepare an area/s within the work setting, explaining how the area supports and extends children’s learning and development.

2.2. Monitor how children use the prepared area/s and evaluate how effective it has been in:
• extending children’s learning and development.
• encouraging high expectations of their achievement.

second question is;
3.4. Explain how effective multi agency working operates within early years provision and benefits children and carers.

i have wrote this so far
Each setting should also work closely with parents and multi agencies. Every setting should be aware of the support and services that other agencies provide, practitioners will support parents/carers to access these services. Practitioners should gain parental permission before these services are accessed, unless a child is in significant harm or if there is serious concerns about a child’s welfare. We should respect confidentiality as parents give this information because they trust us, if we break confidentiality this can jeopardise any future dealings for parents with other agencies.

I need a break can't concentrate any more

help!!!!!!!

Lynne

================================================== ===================
EYMP 1 page 215+ of the level 3 CYPW handbook on amazon.co.uk

Page 20 Ensuring that the environment meets the needs of individual
children
While we have seen the principles of providing environments for children, it is also important that time is spent reflecting on whether an environment is working for individual children. This means carrying out sensitive observations on individual children and considering how comfortable they and also how they engage with the environment. As children's rates of development differ, it is sometimes possible to find children who need more challenge and others who would benefit from slightly different types of play opportunities and resources. It is also essential that we consider whether children with additional needs or disabilities are able to benefit from what we are providing.

-----------------------------------------