View Single Post
Unread 05-15-2016, 01:39 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

millieh25 is on a distinguished road

I have my staff handbook here and in the previous question i have outlined the duties that apply to me in my role, these are:
• To effectively deliver the EYFS ensuring that the individual needs and interest of children in the setting are met (in conjunction with other team members)
• To keep records of your key children’s development and learning journeys and share with parents, carers and other key adults in the child’s life.
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
• To develop and maintain strong partnerships and communication with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs.
• To ensure the provision of a high quality environment to meet the needs of individual children having an awareness of any disabilities, family cultures and medical histories.
• To advise manager/supervisor of any concerns, preserving confidentiality
• To be involved in out of working hours activities, e.g. training, monthly staff meetings, summer fete etc.
• To be flexible within working practices of the setting, undertaking other responsible duties where needed, such as domestic tasks, preparation of snack meals, cleansing of equipment, etc.
• To work alongside the manager and staff team to ensure that the setting’s mission statement is fulfilled.
• To read, understand and adhere to all policies and procedures relevant to your role and the safe running of the setting.
• To develop your role within the team, especially with regard to being a key person
• To keep completely confidential any information regarding the children, their families or other staff that is acquired as part of the job.
• To be aware of the high profile of the setting and to uphold its standards at all times, both in work hours and outside.
• To support nursery assistants, students and volunteers.
• To ensure good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness are maintained at all times.
• To undertake and lead on additional responsibilities such as SENCO, training co-ordinator, safeguarding Officer etc

so they are all my roles, now i need to talk about how these roles are expressed in the standards? Just cant get my head in gear to know how to do this

x