View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2011, 07:40 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Hi Jenna
Only doing this level because i was passed by ofsted to become a supervisor many years ago and all of a sudden have ben told that my qualification has now got to be updated. I have been working in childcare for approx 18 years so not new to it but finding it hard to be studying again. i do enjoy it but quite often do too much but think i'm not doing enough. Recently one of our bosses became ill so need another person just incase other boss needs holiday or becomes ill or needs time off.

I started course in Sept, havent had anything marked off yet but my tutor looks and tells me if its ok. Been assessed alot in wokplace but still feel i'm not getting anywhere. I am going to really work hard over next couple of weeks to get thie unit done.#I have so far nearly completed SCH 31,SCH 32,SCH 33, SCH 34, CYP 3.1, CYP3.2 and now doing CYP 3.3. i have bits and bobs on other units signed off too.

I don't know whether it will help but just borrowed from work a policy and procedure cd with alot of info on so if you need any info ask me and i'll send you what i have for instances i got this info from the cd which might help you about current legislation in this unit.

Safeguarding children and child protection
(Including managing allegations of abuse against a member of staff)
Legal framework

Primary legislation
 Children Act (1989 s47)
 Protection of Children Act (1999)
 Data Protection Act (1998)
 The Children Act (Every Child Matters) (2004)
 Safeguarding Vulnerable Groups Act (2006)

Secondary legislation
 Sexual Offences Act (2003)
 Criminal Justice and Court Services Act (2000)
 Equalities Act (2010)
 Data Protection Act (1998) Non Statutory Guidance

Further Guidance

 Working Together to Safeguard Children (revised HMG 2010)
 What to do if you are Worried a Child is Being Abused (HMG 2006)
 Framework for the Assessment of Children in Need and their Families (DoH 2000)
 The Common Assessment Framework for Children and Young People: A Guide for Practitioners (CWDC 2010)
 Statutory guidance on making arrangements to safeguard and promote the welfare of children under section 11 of the Children Act 2004 (HMG 2007)
 Information Sharing: Guidance for Practitioners and Managers (HMG 2008)
 Independent Safeguarding Authority: www.isa-gov.org.uk

Please ask if you need policies or procedures because i could e-mail you what i have on disc. It is very good and might even help you with cyp 3.3 because there is alot of info on them.
infact alot of info on all policies and procedures and current legislation on all policies.
Hope this helps.