View Single Post
Unread 04-08-2011, 06:56 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jenna View Post
Heyy, I'm doing this exact question!!! Unit 3 is sooo hard :( mines due in for two wks time and i've only answered 3 questions.
You're totally on the right lines. I'm answering it in the same way as you. When it says describe roles and responsibilties it just means talk a bit about what their job is - what they do.
You're doing fine :)
I've written about 12 lines for each :) hope that helps!
Dont suppose you can help me with 1.1 on this unit?!

Hope that has helped :) x
Hi i had 1.1 signed off think it was to do with child protection course but have allready done a sheet of legislation. not sure if i have to do it again so was going to speak to my tutor. if i'm right its about current legislation which would be things like: childrens act 1989, childrens act 2004, working together to safeguard children 2006 (got most of the above from there andsussex child protection and safeguarding procedures 2006 vol 1 & 2) crb checks. Also all polices and procedures e.g. missing person, health and safety, child protection etc

I put this at the bottom of the above so will do a bit of cross referencing.
A child/young person has the rights to be protected here is some of the relevant legislation that all professionals should abide by:

Children Act 1989- A child’s welfare is paramount. When making decisions about a child’s upbringing they shall not make an order unless this is better for the child than making no order at all. Every effort should be made to preserve the child’s home life and family links. The child’s wishes and feelings must be assessed by the courts.
Parental responsibility – which is defined as the rights, duties, powers and responsibility which by law a parent is responsible for.
Children Act 2004 - together to safeguard children:
One of the new laws was physical punishment, making it a criminal offence to hit a child if it causes mental harm or leaves lasting marks on the skin.
Every child matters outcomes:
• Be healthy.
• Stay safe.
• Enjoy and achieve.
• Make a positive contribution.
• Economic well being.

*** Offenders Act 1997- requires offenders to notify the police of their names and addresses. (known as the *** offenders register.

Sexual Offences Act 2003- covers new legislation relating to offences against children such as :
• Abuse of position of trust.
• Trafficking (also covers uk citizens whilst abroad)
• Monitoring of *** offenders (*** offenders act 1997)
Domestic Violence, Crime and Victims Act 2004 : There was a loop hole in other legislation that allowed defendants in murder or manslaughter cases, could blame each other for the death of a child or vulnerable adult. This is now the responsibility for members of a household where they are allowing a child or vulnerable adult to be at significant risk of harm.
United Nations Convention on the Rights of the Child 1989 – this includes the right from protection from abuse, the right for the individual to express their views and listen to them. Disabled children should have the right to be cared for and services put into place either if they are living at home or they live away from home.

The Education Act 2002- this requires governing bodies, local education Authority and further education to protect, safeguard and promote the welfare of children.

Adoption and Children Act 2002- amends the children’s act 1989 and now includes “harm” associated with witnessing domestic violence.

Don't know whether this helps or not i just highlighted things that had changed from old legislation.

Thankyou for replying. i have redone this so if you would like a copy let me know and i will send it to you. I have to hand in this unit in a couple of weeks to so if i can help in any kind let me know.