View Single Post
Unread 08-19-2011, 08:12 AM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road
Default cypop 15 communication

Hi Everyone
i am on this question

1.2 Compare the differences between strategies based on children and young people’s strengths and abilities and those based around children’s difficulties.

i have been looking at another thread and have come across this i am intreged and can't find a website to back it up does anyone know more about this or a website that i can visit i have never heard of it. (trying to gain more knowledge about it)

Blast is a strategy developed to work on the child’s difficulties this is aimed to promote listening, sound and speech sound awareness in order to rapidly develop speech and language skills blast in done over a 6 week period using the same children leading to repetition doing the same songs and stories over the 6 weeks. Doing this allows confidence to build as the child get to know the activities. Were as a strategy built for a child on strengths and abilities can change it can be stories 1 activity and arts and craft the next activity. Both types of activities work on repetition and expansion.

Hi Tina if your out there i think it was you that gave the information so would be interested in hearing of you. I have googled it but couldn't get anything up on it.

Lynne

-----------------------------------------