View Single Post
Unread 06-05-2012, 08:31 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

lyn c is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigkitty266 View Post
I need to lead a profession discussion with my assessor where i explain the following ......

* How i can share information about healthy eating.

* Differant strategies that can be used to persuade adults and children to change their eating habits.

* eating problems experienecd by children..

Any help greatfully received thanks xx
Hi

photographs of healthy food and non healthy foods explaining why different foods are good for you and others should be a treat on special occasions, give parents leaflets, put healthy eating websites on displays or news letters, sharing your menus with parents.

strategies to persuade adults and children, cooking workshops, websites, menus as above (adults),talking and showing portion control, letting children help prepare snacks, making them colourfull and fun and talking to them maybe about their 5 a day.

Eating problems experienced by children, it could simply mean they don't like holding certain textures, how are you going to help them, feed them, use a spoon. or it could mean that you need to ask parents to see a doctor or dietician because we are not qualified to assist them, encourage them to see a doctor or health visitor etc.
It could mean how you would help a child with a gluten free diet or allergies towards certain foods such as nuts.

Not sure about the last question but look at what i have written and see what you think

Lynne