View Single Post
Unread 11-08-2011, 02:05 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Sam_oneill is on a distinguished road

Hiya Caz,

This is a bit of what i put, i know it wont all apply to you but i hope it gives you a bit of an idea.

My school has wheelchair ramps around the school and having lots of disabled toliets. We have things visual aids in the classroom, for instance we have a extremely low ability child in my class and he has his own timetable on the wall so he can see by the pictures what he will be doing today. Childrens targets are reviewed three times a year and are set according to the needs of the child we involve staff and different agencies if required and the class teacher and hold meetings to work together for the child’s targets, for example my little boy has had problems with his reading due to a speech impediment he had when he was little, he attend special one to one lessons with the inclusion manager to work on his reading, he did this for 3 terms until he caught up with the rest of his class. Once he was reviewed he no longer needed the one to one support, though he is still class as lower ability so still has the lessons adapted so he can follow them.

x