View Single Post
Unread 04-15-2015, 06:29 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Katonargh is on a distinguished road

Hi there Filomena87!
This is my first response on here, I've been using Silkysteps for some months now and finally found a question that I've answered that I might be able to help with. I hope this is of some use to you.
(It's not exactly what I wrote but hopefully it'll guide you in the right direction)

1.3 Explain the importance of using both the indoor and outdoor environment to develop children's physical development.
Outdoor environments can provide children with lots of space, places to explore, experiment, discover, be active and healthy and develop their physical abilities.
If a child was to JUST use indoor environments what would the effects be?
(For example, lack of vitamin D which could cause sever asthma, it could affect their physical growth rate and such)
If a child was to use the outdoor environments what are the benefits?
(Can freely climb, run, kick, throw, jump, learn to ride a bike which will in turn help to build their leg muscles and co-ordination)
Indoors development (how I see it) is where fine motor skills and basic gross motor skills are developed - they learn to grasp things whilst indoors such as bottles, toys, they put things in their mouth for sensory development, and they learn to crawl and walk. You wouldn't put a baby on the concrete floor outside to teach them to crawl, because it'd hurt their knees, but you would indoors on a carpet etc. A child will learn to walk before going outside and going onto a balance beam.
It's important to find the balance between both in order for a smooth physical development.

I hope this helped you somewhat, and that it atleast made sense :)!
I have 21 questions until I finish my course, and I have like 7 days. I hope you get to finish yours soon, keep going!