Thread: Cyp 3.7 (3.1)
View Single Post
Unread 08-17-2013, 09:17 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

LisaClaire is on a distinguished road

Hi, I've just done this unit this week too - the actual question caused me a lot of headaches, I don't think it's worded very well at all! Anyway, have a look at this report, I found it very helpful - http://www.york.ac.uk/inst/spru/pubs...aug2007-02.pdf

I also talked about the ECM 5 positive outcomes and how they could be compromised and I used the subheadings from the CACHE book and talked about each one, as these are the categories from the SEN code of practice:
- medical conditions
- communication and interaction
- cognition and learning
- behaviour, emotional and social development
- sensory and/or physical needs

Helps you think about needs other than just physical, like ASD or behavioural for example.

I also mentioned how other people's attitudes towards disability and additional needs can have an effect on children's outcomes, either positively or negatively - I assumed that this is what the "...attitudes on positive outcomes for children and young people..." bit of the question meant.

I've only just sent this in to my assessor today, so hasn't been checked yet, so I can't guarantee I've got it all right, but fingers crossed and I hope that's helped a bit!