View Single Post
Unread 07-14-2012, 01:48 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Bex01 is on a distinguished road
Default My first interview, I need help, please

Hi all,
I've not posted on here for some time but I use the advise constantly. I'm in process of studying for my Cache 3 children and young peoples workforce and I'm getting on ok.
As luck would have it I have stumbled upon a job going at my local children's centre for an assistant.....and surprise, surprise I managed to get an interview, I'm sooo shocked .
Apart from the obvious panic I have been advised that my interview activity is to read a story to 10 three to five year olds, it is to last 15 mins and can involve props. OMG!!!!!!!
I've read a number of threads on here and I like the idea of making the story kinda a story sack. I want to make it myself, the problem is that I was offered the interview yesterday afternoon and the interview date is this Wednesday!!!! I would have liked longer to prepare, but I really want to make a good impression.
Considering my short time scale has anyone got any ideas, I have quite an extensive library at home (I have my own nearly 5 year old!) do you think Hungry caterpillar has been over done?? Also I thought an animal book which I could use finder puppets and perhaps sing old McDonald, oh, help, please!!!!

-----------------------------------------