View Single Post
Unread 04-06-2016, 10:07 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

pirate is on a distinguished road
Default 3.2

Explain policies and procedures that are in place to protect children and young people and adults who work with them.

Thanks for the posts above found them really useful I have also added the following. I work in a special needs setting.

I have put the following policies; health and safety, risk assessments, fire safety, first aid including infectious and communicable illness, moving and handling including use of hoist, site security, visits and outings, food hygiene, intimate care, encouraging good behavior, anti bullying, arrivals and departure including signing in of staff and visitors, daily register of children, knowing who is collecting children, password for collecting child, safeguarding, whistle blowing, data protection, information held on PC, tablets etc, all confidential documents to be locked away any which are no longer needed to be stored securely until approved contractor shreds them on site.
Mobile phone policy, in our setting we are not allowed our own mobile phones, they have to be locked away in our lockers, no photographs to be taken, the phone could be a distraction from our duties.
All our children have care plans, with "likes and "dislikes" behavior triggers.
Food allergies, food intolerance, medical conditions, permissions for giving prescribed medication, applying sun cream, taking photos and use of photos.
Policy and permissions for use of Teamteach.
Medication policy, only trained staff to store/ handle, book in/out and administer medication.
Social media policy, we are prohibited from posting anything work related on social media.
Transportation policy, only Midas certificated drivers to drive the mini buses.
policy, Care, learning and play within the setting, including ratios, toys and equipment to be age and ability appropriate.
I have expanded on the Policy headings to explain how they protect as the question asks.
Just wanted to add something to the forum as I am finding it really helpful.