Thread: 318k05
View Single Post
Unread 06-03-2010, 09:48 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Amanda Adams is on a distinguished road
Default 318k05

Hi there - I spent ages going around and around with this one and got very frustrated. Tutor mentioned Helen Bilton so trauled the Internet not sure of what I was looking for.

This is what I have produced -short and not even sure if it's right - unmarked....

Personally directed - Children have been asked to join in with activity such as circle time etc.
Intrinsically motivated- An activity or task is sought out by them for their own personal gain -book, puzzle etc.
In secure context - A child is safe to play in an environment that poses not threat to them. They can play out emotions etc in home corner etc with little friends and practitioners alike.
Spontaneous - Play without thinking. A scooter lies on the floor - they run to it and ride it.
Goalless - When they play without reason or reward. Bikes, scooters, climbing equipment maybe. Allowed to play freely.
Where the content and intent is left to children and young people - Play is controlled by their own interactions. Our setting uses a 5x5x5 theory where children can explore and play freely (within health and safety boundaries). Very interesting to watch - some fantastic interactions in woodland setting with one child making birds nests with sticks and leaves. Adults watch from a distance with v.minimal intervention.

Not sure but going for it anyway - wish me luck!!
Struggle sourcing information sometimes and books are great but also expensive. Yes we have libraries but sometimes with limited resources. How do you guts access books etc? Are there publishing on internet etc??