View Single Post
Unread 09-27-2012, 06:13 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

ania_bell is on a distinguished road

I am stuck on different ways of monitoring children and young people's development too! I have a table with four methods written in - Observation, Assessment framework, Standard measurement, Information from colleagues and carers.

I need to write description and when it is most appropriate to use this method.

So far I know:

Observation: Observations can be taken during lessons or in the playground. They record what the child is doing in a subjective way. It's most appropriate to use this method when child's development is causing concern.

Assesment framework: It is the way in which child is assessed to decide wheter they have any particular needs and waht these needs may be. It is useful in deciding wheter the child is reaching expected milestones of development in different areas. The assessment framework is how children are assessed in school, e.g when a child reads, we write it in their reading records.

Information from colleagues and carers: Parents/carers who know the child and colleagues expertise are invaluable, especially when planning for social and academic success for pupils with special educational needs and/or disabilities. If we are concerned about child's development it's good to ask/share information.

Standard measurement: NO IDEA.

Can someone please help? I am seeing my tutor tomorrow and I am panicking!