View Single Post
Unread 09-11-2012, 05:22 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

natasha is on a distinguished road

To have an anti-discriminatory and anti-biased practice it is all about ensuring you refrain from judging or making assumptions as this helps to promote and protect children’s welfare as well as set a good example as a role model. If you create a setting in which has an anti-discriminatory practice then it is easily seen to be working with the parents to build up relationships as well as in the child’s best interests. Overall the setting should (and will by having this practice):
• Be diverse and non-bias in which will teach the children to be open and not judge people due to differences in which teaches them how to accept people.
• Create a positive and welcoming group times and setting to play in; this will boost their self esteem and confidence as well as ensure that all are included in play. This will affect a child’s personal, social and emotional development as well as their knowledge and understanding of the world as it will teach them to embrace cultures
• It will also show that the setting values the individual child’s and their family’s cultures and beliefs.

this is some of what I put to get you going my question has been signed off lol on my final two units stuck on one so moved to the last and will go back to the other then I am finished yipeeee