View Single Post
Unread 07-13-2011, 08:43 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

tinajpatterson is on a distinguished road

i did this on a pd/professional discussion but i think i used an example of a boy wanting to wear a dress but the girls said that he couldn't as he was a boy, the boy loves to dress in dresses play being mum and likes dolls i used this as an example how i followed the equality act 2010 the child is allowed to dress in a dress and shouldn't be decriminated against by the girls the children were sat down and explained to that children can play with any resourses if a girls wants to play with the car thats ok they are not boys and girls toys they are nursery toys so everyone can play with any toy. then we talked about how child a felt when the girls were discriminating agaisnt child a and was it a good idea the children said it was not nice and child a felt sad. i used another example of child b who has special needs and wears a hat to protect their head the children were discriminating because they said child b can't join in he can't say walk well. equality act 2010 disablility and that they look stupid with that hat on they would't let them join in their games so again immidatlety sitting down and again explained why child b wears the hat , how child b felt at being left out of games due to disablitlites , how child b can join in games with other children's help diversity is covered by expalining to the children about there families as not all come from the same country, cultures , books posters, dietary needs etc hope this helps but i did pd back last november but i used daily examples of my work

hope this helps not sure hope all goes well with completeing