View Single Post
Unread 01-11-2011, 11:36 PM
~~ Always willing to help...~~

tutu is on a distinguished road

im afraid this is down to poor induction and planning. didnt they go through what was expected of you prior to the course? if so didnt you believe them? my learners are dong it over a year they have the same 17 assignments t produce and 4 observations to fit in but it is equivalent to 3 a levels so of course it is demanding. they were all interviewed and had log discussions with me and the learning team, those who werent going to meet the expectations were withdrawn pre half term, we dont get funded if people fail or withdraw past then. its a hard truth that fitting a full a level course into a year part time is hard, very hard and demanding there are no short cuts. i am seriously contemplating running it over 2 years next year. having said that it is a superb course much more rigorous and demanding producing much more knowledgeable staff, which is a very good thing following the debacle of NVQs n recent years. children are worth it arent they? wearing my other hat as an owner i cant wait for dcypw students to enter the workforce if they have been on a taught course i know they will have had infinitely better training