View Single Post
Unread 05-13-2007, 01:15 AM
cinders

Oooo i LOVE these little bags!! have used them for all sorts of things!

um.... let me try and remember...

1) made counting bags.... weaved a number ontot hte front of the bag (or stitch it on) and then the children have to place that many items in the bag. I like using those little compare bears personally!

2) sound bags.... using the phonetic sounds the children use the bags to collect things that have the initial sound 'a' etc as we go on sound walks around the setting

3) each of the children have a bag on their peg as part of a reward system.... each time they do something good/behave well/achieve something they get a treasure stone (coloured glass pebble thigns) which they put in their treasure bag and then when they get ten they recieve a certificate and a small prize

4) ive used them on visits to the park when we were collecting conkers... each child had a bag they were allowed to fill - meant i didnt end up carrying them all in one big bag! (yay)

5) used them for collecting coloured things too actually as well as the numbers and phonics... same thing!!

6) teddies can use them as back packs/bags to keep their things in!!

and finally..... just give them to the children and se what THEY do with them! never ceases to amaze me!