View Single Post
Unread 06-13-2012, 02:39 PM
Horse chestnut ~~revealing great treasures...~~

shellyjoe is on a distinguished road

my tutor set me an observation project in the end that covered this but here is what i put before she set the project up. It is not completed but may help you a bit, also i am based in wales so u will need to look up EYFS not foundation phase if you are based in england

Explain how the documented outcomes are assessed and recorded
Unit 13 – 1.3

The Foundation Phase’s child development assessment profile provides a description of performance which are assembled into six developmental areas, these describe the course between ‘child development and ‘learning outcomes’ these are:
Personal, social and emotional.
Speaking and listening.
Reading and writing
Sort, order and numbers.
Approach to learning, thinking and reasoning.
Physical.

These description of performance, which contain each development area are made up of seven steps that cover an age range of 18 to
84 months. Although the child will be assessed between 36 months (age 3) and 60 months (age 5), it is necessary to include the performance details below and above this age. This is to cater for children who are at an early stage of development and children who are progressively more able in their development.

Planning for children’s development start’s with observations in order to find out the child’s previous knowledge, their interests and needs.
There are many forms of observations that can be carried out to allow us to collate the evidence we need to plan appropriately for the individual child.
Each method of observation has advantages and disadvantages of recording the child’s development, so it is important to use a variety of methods of observation for each child to gain holistic knowledge and understanding of the child’s development.