View Single Post
Unread 11-11-2012, 11:22 AM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

JAY3 is on a distinguished road
Default EYMP1-1.1 Explain the legal status and principles of the relevant early years framework

EYMP1-1.1 Explain the legal status and principles of the relevant early years framework, and how national and local guidance materials are used in settings.

This is what I have done please can some have a look overit and tell me if I need to add more

The Early Years Foundation stage (EYFS) is mandatory for all early years providers who look after children 0-5 years from 1st September 2012 this replace the early years framework that was in force since 2008. The EYFS aim is help children achieve the five outcomes of Every Child Matters outcomes staying safe, being healthy, enjoying and achieving making a positive contribution and achieve economy well-being. The legal status is enforced by the children act 2006. All early years providers will be inspected by Ofsted to ensure the quality and standards of the settings.
The four guiding principles in the EYFS are:
1) Every child is unique and different.
2) Positive relationships are essential for the independence of a child and to be strong.
3) Children should be in enabling environments, which provide them enough experiences for a good learning and development, regarding the special need of each child. Parents and practitioners have to keep a good relationship and work together in order to support the child’s needs.
4) Each child is different so each child has a different development and learning.
Included within the statutory framework for the early years foundation stage it also lays out the legal requirements which all setting need to follow regarding the safeguarding and welfare requirements some of these include child protection suitable people, staff qualification, training support and skills, keyperson, staff: child ratios, health, managing behaviour, safety and suitability of premises, environment and equipment, equal opportunities and information and records.

Thanks for getting this far what do you think?

Jane

-----------------------------------------