View Single Post
Unread 04-29-2008, 08:17 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

Chelltune is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruthierhyme View Post

Try baking your own bread rolls - add a slice of tomato and a few strands of cheese to the top of them just before baking. Or maybe a few slices of red & green peppers with a sprinkling of mixed herbs & a little grated cheese on top before cooking.

My children love pizza whirls. Make up some bread dough (I cheat and use the bread maker to prepare a packet mix of bread :blush:).

Roll this out to a large square. Spread with tomato puree, sprinkle on some herbs and whatever pizza type topping that you fancy. We are veggie so I use peppers, onions, mushrooms and sweetcorn that I have softened slightly in the frying pan. Cover this with some mozerella cheese (or cheddar will do).

Roll the dough into a shape like a big swiss roll. Slice along the roll, about 2cm thick. Lie the slices flat on an oven tray and bake as the stated on your dough recipe.

These make lovely pizza type sandwiches/rolls that are nice eaten hot or cold. I make a batch then freeze them. It saves me making a sandwich for packed lunches as I just take one of these out to defrost.