View Single Post
Unread 10-28-2015, 04:12 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

CSD.Cazz is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mrs Williams View Post
Hello - just wondered if there are any other people my age (I'm 56 and won't be finished until I'm 58!) doing the Level 3 Diploma? I've got behind because I missed the last week of the christmas term as my daughter had a uni interview so I've got to catch up on that, plus I've just got the H&S assignment which is huge - I feel like chucking it all in.

I'm finding it hard juggling everything - disabled husband, 18 year old daughter (lots of taxi-ing), the course one night plus the assignments. I'm also given the teaching assistant tasks at my placement. I'm in school every morning from 8.30 am until 12 noon.

I can't decide whether to ask the headmistress if I can stay on without doing the training and just carry on as a volunteer, I do love being with the children, it's just I am finding it so hard to do all the written work, can't seem to get it down in my own words and spend ages reading lots of different information then it's midnight. Think it's just my age?
Hi hun, no it's not your age, it just feels that way. Im also in my 50's and yes i'm finding it hard to fit it all in.
Don't be to hard on your self, and so what if this course takes you 18 months, imagine just how proud of yourself you'll be when completed.
I know the youngsters of the day are just flying through this course, which again makes me arghhhhhhhh. So lets show them that us oldies are just as capable as them.
If you need any help with any of the course, use this site chick, it's amazing..
Good Luck, keep your head up :)