View Single Post
Unread 04-09-2012, 06:30 PM
Administrator

Ruthierhyme has disabled reputation
Default Sigmund Freud's unconcious mind

Hi, sounds good, when he puts forward the ideas that childhood experiences impact & influence behaviour in later life as adults, a practitioner can use the 3 elements of his personality structure to give weight to the need for positive early years experiences through provision that would support a child in becoming a balanced, well enough adjusted adult to manage the emotions associated with transition and emotional trauma. In aiming high for children with an awareness of any development outcomes, goals or hopes it ensures that a setting can play its part in a child's journey to adulthood.

Freud's personality structure shows how children move through three areas:

ID -------- I want --- biological ---- reflecting instinct
Superego - I can ----- physiological - reflecting intelligence
Ego ------ I should -- social/moral - reflecting institution

In current practice, children's expected stages and patterns of development reflect this detail and provide ways for practitioners to evidence them.

1 ID - patience, sharing, turn taking, understanding by adults to balance 'I want. For newborns it can involve baby led feeding.
2 Superego - challenge, support risk taking, provide assistance to encourage the motivation involved with 'I can
3 ego - negotiation, conflict resolution, reflection and times for discussing equality, inclusion and rules that examine a society's or social expectations - why share, my importance is greater than anothers, I am allowed to do this at home why not here ..

The mind is an iceberg image in this PPT is good

'The application of freudian ideas to child development has sometimes led to a drepressing view of childhood' pg 17 Jennie Lindon 2010

Freud's emphasis of how it was sexual drive - psychosexual stages that determined development caused many disagreements. The methodology of phsychoanalysis was given the term 'the talking cure' by patient Anna O and demonstrates how settings are right in supporting children's general event disclosure - daily happenings and conversations of children's specific concern, conflict and upset... hopefully preventing the suppression of negative or positive feelings associated with those experiences.

The arguments presented by psychoanalysis continue to challenge that of behaviourist theory where evidence or results are gathered through observation alone without consideration to the complexity of what might be going on inside a child's mind in practice this means phsychoanalysis supports and enables a setting to promote an emotional approach to children's development, learning & their behaviour.

Using open ended questions helps children provide more detailed responses to queries - how, what, why ..
xx

...................~*
Supporting silkysteps
For a list of level 3 diploma learner handbooks on amazon.co.uk
the cost of ad blockers