View Single Post
Unread 05-28-2011, 05:08 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

sara31 is on a distinguished road

HI HOPE THIS HELPS THIS IS WHAT I WROTE ON MINE.Moral development
Age range Explain the sequence and rate of development
0-3 months –
3-6 months Show joy by smiling, cooing and laughing when fed comfortable or safe.
6-9 months Show joy by smiling, cooing and laughing when fed comfortable or safe crying when distressed or unhappy.
9-12 months- No understanding of right or wrong, starts to understand word no.
1 - 2 years - Sensitive to adult approval and disapproval, despite tantrums and bursts of anger. No understanding of right from wrong, but understanding yes or no.
2-4 years - Beginning to know right from wrong. Is more self-controlled and less aggressive. Uses extreme verbal threats such as, "I'll kill you," without understanding full implications. wants to be good, but is not yet mature enough to be able to carry out most promises.
4-7 years - Is interested in being good, but may tell lies or blame others for wrongdoings because of intense desire to please and do right. Is very concerned with personal behavior, particularly as it affects family and friends.
7-12 years - May experience guilt and shame. Has difficulty admitting mistakes but is becoming more capable of accepting failures and mistakes and taking responsibility for them. Is aware of right and wrong; wants to do right.
12-16 years - Knows right and wrong; tries to weigh alternatives and arrive at decisions alone. Is concerned about fair treatment of others; is usually reasonably thoughtful; is unlikely to lie.
16-19 years - Experiences feelings of frustration, anger, sorrow, and isolation. Is confused and disappointed, state values and actual behaviors of family and friends; May be interested in *** as response to physical-emotional urges.