View Single Post
Unread 04-02-2013, 04:01 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

LKP is on a distinguished road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prabz View Post
Hi Guys I’m really struggling with question “e.Evaluate own knowledge, performance and understanding against relevant standards.” How would I answer this question? What is it asking me? so confused! It would be great if someone could help me.

Thanks
Hi,
This is basically asking you to show that you understand what you do and why in your role against the relevant standards put in place legally and for everyone within a professional role to follow.
Relevant standards will include many of the legislations and acts that are put in place legally and you follow through your settings policies and procedures. You must evaluate and reflect on your own knowledge, understanding and how you put this into practice - your daily work.
For example, depending on the setting you are in do you handle/prepare food? In that case i am sure you follow procedures on how you handle, store and cook this food - food hygiene.
Think of other things such as health and safety, do you regularly carry out risks assessments? Explain why you do this and why it is important to do so.
Look at the Every Child Matters agenda and the five outcomes. What do you do in your work, duty of care, to make sure each child meets these outcomes?
Other areas to look at are safeguarding, equality and inclusion, personal hygiene etc.

To evaluate, give examples of what you do. Then explain why you do these things, what it means if you don't - not good practice? The negative effects on the children? You could perhaps back it up with quotes, with the references, from the relevant acts or legislations.

Hope this helps