View Single Post
Unread 05-17-2012, 04:53 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

xxladylisaxx is on a distinguished road

Speech & Language Therapist.
A speech and language therapist is someone who helps people with speech and a language problem, their aim is to help children young people and adults with their speech. When a speech and language therapist comes into my setting they help practitioners write a child's Individual learning plan, they leave and advise on games that the setting can use or by to help a child's speech or language, they also help practitioners with helping the child whilst he/she is in the nursery.

A speech and language therapist assist children who have problems such as: - Difficulty producing and using speech. Difficulty understanding language. Difficulty using language. Difficulty with feeding, chewing, swallowing. A stammer. A voice problem.

Health Visitor/College Nurse.
The role of a health visitor is to assess the needs of individuals, families; a health visitor will also cover a wider community. Health visitors also visit people in their homes; they also work with new parents and all children under the age of 5. Health visitors work closely with parents, carers and even practitioners and take note on all concerns and improvements the child has made, they even work closely with social services.

When a health visitor comes into my setting they come into see a child, he/she will be weighted, measured in height, and checks the child's over all well being, it is then marked in their red book. If the health visitor thinks the child may be under weight, height or even something developmental it will be made note of in their red book, the health visitor will make a not in their notes and even make a note to go in their personal file.

Portage Worker.
The role of a portage worker is to provide a home visiting service for pre-school children, who have developmental or learning difficulties, physical disabilities or any other type of special needs. Portage workers work closely with other professionals such as Health visitors, Social workers, Physiotherapists, and Speech therapists.

i hope this helps xxx