View Single Post
Unread 11-18-2018, 09:37 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

zoenmya is on a distinguished road

Hey everyone, firstly I am finding everyone's opinions on these two theories fascinating. Whilst i can see how both theories may be useful in modern practice I am leaning more towards Gibbs reflective cycle as my preferred theory. At my setting it is sometimes hard to evaluate there and then we often have to revisit what we have done later on to be able to reflect on its effectiveness something that features prominently in gibbs theory.So, after an incident (positive or negative) you think about what happened and your feelings and also evaluate the incident. Then you go on to analyse why it occurred and what conclusions can be drawn from it. Finally, and action plan is put not place so that a negative incident is avoided, or a positive incident is encouraged using all the information gained during the process of completing the cycle.

Obviously we all practice in our ways and have our own preferred theorists, I think this helps sometimes as we can use so many more theories in our settings and we are all bringing something different to the provision.