View Single Post
Unread 04-11-2011, 03:37 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

derynjoe is on a distinguished road
Default Safeguarding and why it's important to involve other organisations in partnerships?

Hello

Not stuck for ideas, just frustrated with the criteria!!!!! Am I on the right track!

Outcome - Understanding the importance of partnership and other organisations to safeguard.

Criteria - Explain the importance of safeguarding

The text book talks about statistics, the edexel guidance rambles on inconsistently about responsibility, recording and reporting, pocedure for on off site visits???

I have mentioned the number of children on CP plans in the UK and how effective safeguarding led to the plans and hopefully protection for the kids.

I have mentioned it is everybodies responsibility

I have talked about (in detail) the case of Baby P and although the initial safeguarding by professionals (mainly a single pediatrician) effectively led to him being subject to a CP plan, protective professional partnerships i.e. social services & police failed to safeguard resulting in his little life being lost.

I have also commented that it is important we safeguard by intevening early, to ensure children never reach the stage of being "at signigicant risk"

I have then gone on to talk about chidrens rights and how we safeguard to uphold the rights.

Has anyone else done their assignment for this unit yet, any advice would be welcomed!!

-----------------------------------------