Thread: 305 k3p233
View Single Post
Unread 03-18-2010, 03:25 PM
Duckling ~~always taking the plunge ...~~

lolly is on a distinguished road

Most of the legislations covering the childrens laws and equality and inclusion are followed and practiced within my setting.

The legislation you need to know for K3P233 are
the children act 1999
The children's act 2004
Equality act 2010
United Nations convention on the rights of the child 1990
Protection of children's act 1999
Sexual offences act 2003
Special educational needs and disabilities act 2001

These are just some of the legislations that should be used within a setting. They ensure that children are protected and have equal opportunities. Equality and diversity is accepted and practiced within my setting. Racism or discrimination of any form is not tolerated and attitudes or remarks of these manners are challenged regardless if it from a child or adult. My setting and I believe that the world is diverse and we are all equally regardless of our differences. Children that maybe disabled or have special educational needs are to be fully supported and adaptions made within our setting in order to have equal opportunities.

Below are some examples of how on a day to day basis in our setting we meet the provisions of the UN Conventions.

Providing a safe and warm environment
Providing equipment and resources to help children develop to their fullest potential
Participate fully with parents.
Allow children to express themselves and have their views taken into account on all matters that affect them
provide health food and clean water
participate in family, cultural and social life
Allow play, rest and enjoy leisure