View Single Post
Unread 08-23-2014, 08:16 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

rotty dog is on a distinguished road

Hi, This is what I wrote, I don't know if it helps but it got me the unit signed off.
I got really caught up in researching for this unit, I think the trick is not to over complicate it and just get the main points across.

1.1. Outline current legislation, guidelines, policies and procedures within own UK Home Nation affecting the safeguarding of children and young people

Current legislation is the result of The children Act 1989 which was brought in to ensure that all people who work with children worked together and were clear about their responsibilitys and knew how to act if allegations of child abuse were made.
Following the death of Victoria Climbie in the year 2000 an independent inquiry highlighted many problems with how reports of neglect and child abuse were dealt with and found that vulnerable people in society were not being safeguarded.
The Laming report led to the governments Every Child Matters paper and The Children Act 2004.
The every child matters paper is aimed at ensuring every child should be helped to have positive outcomes in life .They should: stay safe, enjoy and achieve,have economic well being and make a positive contribution.
The main points of the 2004 Children act was that every local authority has a director of children's services who is ultimately responsible for ensuring that children are safeguarded. Local safeguarding board's were set up and children's wishes taken into account. Children's services now have a duty to safeguard children and to work together with a multi- agency approach to promote their welfare. The common assessment framework was introduced to identify children's needs.
In 2009 the vetting and barring scheme was introduced, anyone working with children and vulnerable adults needs to have their personal information checked to prevent unsuitable people working in these areas. The scheme is now called the disclosure and barring service.

Keep smiling,
Rotty dog x