View Single Post
Unread 06-11-2013, 02:50 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

MissPoodle is on a distinguished road

I'm not even sure if I have answered the question correctly and my eyes are bleeding from reading it over and over but...

my answer:

Knowing the signs of delays will allow for us to make swift assessment to discover the needs of the child to help and support them in their speech, language and communication. It is important to know and understand the features that may appear i.e. not pronouncing words properly, using singular words when at an age where they should be using more and not speaking at all and knowing what to do once it has been identified. With the support, children will flourish. If left unassisted, children are likely to become frustrated, confused or angry and show signs of unwanted behaviour. They may not be able to engage in activities that have been set out for other children and may show signs of low self-esteem.
It is the role of the practitioner to know and understand children's learning and development in order to notice any early signs and therefore be able to provide suitable activities to encourage L&D for the individual.