Thread: charts
View Single Post
Unread 02-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

cabin is on a distinguished road

As an assessor - and I don't want to upset anyone - it really is important that you try and do development charts like these for yourself.... there are some really good books out there to help, you don't have to buy them (but if you are going into childcare having one good book as reference will always be useful at some point - not just while your studying) you can loan them from your local library -although you may have to request them - as they're not always the usual local reading matter!!
Assessor's are not looking for masses of indepth charts - unless you're doing a higher level - and the knowlege you gain whist spending the time researching and making your own will be far greater than just 'adding a pre-done chart' into your portfolio.

I know it's not easy - especially when you have busy lives - but the whole point of NVQs is that they are vocational and they should reflect on your own personal knowlege of the subject.

Wishing you all well with your studies, I know it hard, but if you do the ground work now the rest becomes easier later xxxx