View Single Post
Unread 07-01-2007, 05:35 PM
Squirrel ~~hoards of knowledge...~~

sarahnev707 is on a distinguished road

I went to my 2 hour introduction last week - it was interesting.... they said they're organising the training at the moment for later in the year - In Cheshire

2 things struck me -

1st they pointed to the 16 areas - 4 for unique, 4 for learning & development, 4 for positive relationships & 4 for enabling environemnts and said they were all equally important and learning and development is 1/16th of the areas..... so the other 15/16 have to be given equal consideration

2nd they were talking about the unique child and planning - and seemed to suggest we observe, look at next steps then plan for each child each day - which they said would be easier for us childminders as that's what we do anyway (just got to start writing it down) but harder in schools where there are more children - she said to a reception teacher who was there -'gone are the days when you can plan the year in the summer holidays - you will be able to have overarching themes but the rest will be unique to each child'. The teacher went a funny colour and muttered something about enjoying challenges!!

Exciting stuff!! Oh, and I got a letter from Ofsted telling me -

However, although the EYFS is not yet compulsory, it is available for you to use now if you prefer or if parents express a wish for it, so you are able to start new children on the EYFS. Other useful information and resources can be found by telephoning the DFES on: 0870 000 2288. I hope this information helps. Regards, Carrie Vickers. Customer Service Advisor
Ofsted - National Business Unit – TEL: 08456 404040

Sarahx