View Single Post
Unread 07-28-2020, 12:59 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

Agent78600 is on a distinguished road

Make sure you understand the theories. think about why you would use them. I honestly also struggled with reflection. Not my cup of tea :(. Those are the links i used:

https://graysreadinggroup.wordpress....-donald-schon/
https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC5673148/
and for gibbs reflective cycle i got information from the textbook: Cambridge Technicals Level 3 Health and Social Care (Cambridge Technicals 2016)
I would honestly recommend using textbooks. The internet can sometimes contain irrelevant whole junk of information. if you can't find any textbook use this link:
https://www.mindtools.com/pages/arti...tive-cycle.htm

This is an example of my work about me reflecting.

The idea of reflective practice can also be applied to my work experience(one-to-one interaction) where I received feedback by my witness. Gibbs theory can be applied here to help me reflect in a better way.

1)Description= In a nursery, I was doing a puzzle activity with a girl named Amna. She has struggled with phonics and identifying letters so the visual activity was a method used to help her learn.
2)Feeling= Before the session started, I was feeling a bit anxious, as I had never worked with Amna, however, I started to feel confident and normal once the interaction started.
3)Evaluation= Most of my communication skills were effective so I can apply them again. My use of body language with Amna ensured a calm atmosphere, and this helped to form a positive relationship. In contrast, I had trouble with my confidence, which had an impact on how well I performed.
4)Analyse= I had to reflect in action at a certain point because Amna was getting distracted by the noise her fellow classmates were making. I asked her questions and made clear eye contact to gain her attention back and have her engage in the activity. She may have been distracted at one point because I was nervous and talking too fast.
5)Conclusion= I should encompass positive body language with clients in the future as well, as it increases the chance of positive relationships. Without positive body language, there is a barrier between the care receiver and the practitioner, and as a result, they cannot communicate openly and form positive relationships.
I could have used a louder tone of voice to keep Amna engaged, as there were many children across the room and it may have been noisy for her to hear me.
6)Action Plan= If this situation occurred again, I would have the one to one session somewhere quiet, so that Amna can remain focused. If she is still not focused I could perhaps change the activity as a whole, because this may not be a learning method suited to her needs. Also, I will prepare myself better for the type of environment I will be working in and the type of care receiver.

Hope this helps :))) i honestly struggled with this assignment so i understand you pain :(