Thread: I could cry!
View Single Post
Unread 11-19-2015, 11:19 PM
Acorn ~~Putting down roots...~~

HLDoodles is on a distinguished road

This is what I have got so far

CU1520
LO1.4 Develop a plan to meet the development needs of a child in you setting

I have a little boy who is absolutely fine when he is here in the setting with me but whenever we go anywhere he is so painfully shy, he starts crying and grips hold of me, sits on my knee and wont sit still its like he is trying to hide inside my skin, grappling trying to get closer to me. He is 3 1/2 and at first I thought it was just because he was new. I have been developing a plan surrounding how I can help him conquer this or at least work as hard as I can on improving things.

LO2.1 Show me how you put this plan into action (holistic and interconnectedness)
I can show you via my baby’s days planning, my notes and his observations that I record. Tell you about the places we have been, the meetings with preschool and parents. Stories that we read which help show others that miss out on fun because they are holding back

LO2.5 How do children in your setting participate in decisions affecting their lives

Find out their likes and dislikes,they may not know many, so by giving them choices such as would you like orange juice or water and keeping talking helps them decide what it is they like and don't like. (all works towards improving self confidence) Any interests they may have are included where possible - I can give examples. I have several folders full of different themes and activity ideas, we look through these and decide what we want to do. I have a craft trolley which houses all kinds of crayons, pencils, paint dabbers, they have free access to it. I have various boxes of toys in the play room, there are more in the shed and the hall cupboard…Ive got a minibook with pictures of whats available (as well as words) so they can point even if they cant talk properly should they fancy doing something different. They help me stick things in their scrapbooks and we chat about what they enjoyed and what they would like to do again.
Choices are even given at snack time we have a couple of big sharing plates in the centre of the table, one usually has things like cheese chunks, tomatoes, cucumber, peppers etc and the other is usually fruit - they get to choose whatever it is they want from there

ANY HELP/ADVICE AT ALL APPRECIATED. Why the heck did I pay all that money out I can't see how the heck I am gonna complete in time...hubs away and Im sat here worrying