View Single Post
Unread 01-23-2014, 12:59 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

sallywag is on a distinguished road
Smile I hear you!

I think lots of people are finding harder than they thought it would be, I know I am! I started working at my son's pre-school in Sept 2013 and they said they would train me up to Level 3 (required by Ofsted for their staffing levels). The only way they could get funding was to do an apprentiship through adult learning. I started the course in April last year. I was seeing my tutor once a month and was given a written task to do but I too struggled to get the work done on time. I am a single parent with two boys, one at primary and one at pre-school. It is really hard to juggle work/study/life. I am now seeing my tutor once a week on an evening and she is giving me smaller pieces of work each week to help me get through the work. Also she has been out to my work place to do direct observations and has ticked off a lot of things in the units this way. I have until september this year to complete the course so I am just going to do my best.
If it wasn't for this website I think I would have thrown in the towel by now.
Good luck to everyone doing the course. Keep going - you will get there in the end.