Thread: Cyp 3.3 1.2
View Single Post
Unread 04-21-2013, 04:03 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

-*kerry*- is on a distinguished road
Default Cyp 3.3 1.2

hello guys.
I am finding this question quite difficult. so far i have put

Child protection isn’t just about protecting children from abuse, there is a lot more we have to do to ensure that children are safe. This could be things such as ensuring risk assessments are done when taking part in activities, this ensures that they activity which is being done is safe for the children. There could be a risk that the child can get hurt, but may still be done if the benefit out ways the risk e.g. children playing on a climbing frame, there is a risk that the child could fall and hurt themselves, but the child could learn how to climb a rock wall, and also how to go down the slide safely. In this case the befit out ways the risk.
Another way we protect children is ensuing they are receiving the correct medical care in which is needed, this could be a child falling within the pre-school, we ensure we treat them correctly, according to the injury. But is also ensuring they see doctors/ nurses if needed. This is down to the parent/ carer to ensure that they child is healthy, and if not that they are receiving medical care.
This is also ensuring that the environment that the child is in is safe. This could be making sure that there are no broken toys or equipment in the rooms the children are in. making sure that the surrounding are safe so that children cannot go missing e.g. having fences and gates that are lockable outside, making sure doors are closed within the setting and that the door which lead to outside are not able to be opened by the children. This is also ensuring that electrical items are safe e.g. no wires around where children can get them and hurt themselves, plug covers in the sockets.

I know it needs more but really dont know what else to add!
if anybody could please help!!

-----------------------------------------