View Single Post
Unread 07-15-2012, 12:55 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

Emmab is on a distinguished road
going on a bear hunt

Hi

sorry for delay!

what I did was go through the book first as an introduction and then asked the children when we go to the pages like grass, water, woods etc and asked them from the range of instruments what they thought would make that sound.

I had 2 or 3 children (cos I had 30 children) with the same type of instrument so got a couple of shakers, couple of triangles, couple of sticks etc and we had a practise first so I said who will make the noise for the grass can you show me how it would sound. I made sure that they knew to do the music slowly and then explained that when they run back to the house that they would need to do it quickly. sorry hope I'm making sense.

you will instruments for the tall grass, river, yucky mud, dark forest, a snowstorm and a dark cave. you could get a couple to pair up or have an instrument of each one for each child then they all can do it?

once you explain and then go through the story I think that will the 15 minutes but if you get the children to choose the instrument say ask one child " what do you think would make the noise for the grass, what do you hear when you walk through tall grass" then that may use up any spare minutes. you don't want to make it too complicated as it will stress you out.

if you need anything else let me know.
hope all goes well!
Emma x