View Single Post
Unread 07-12-2012, 05:21 PM
Bean shoot ~~Just sprouting...~~

kilnacolpagh is on a distinguished road
Smile

first of all i pointed out what the barriers might be i.e the parent working long hours, the parent being just shy, a parent with a language barrier, a family new to the area etc. then i took how you might overcome these i.e. by encouraging parents to become involved in the likes of free exercise classes run in the area, to try and become familiar with other parents, by having non formal coffee afternoons where parents are free to call in for a chat with ourselves or even just each other, barriers can also be overcome by things like arranging parent interviews etc at a time that suits around the parents working hours, or by again producing newsletters in different languages etc. also by ensuring parents are informed all the time about any relevant events etc and encouraging them at all time to come to events. Some parents are just naturally not up to being involved in their childs learning and see that as the role of the setting so anything that can be done to encourage involvment is a positive step. hope this helps