View Single Post
Unread 06-09-2012, 08:12 PM
Autumn leaf ~~just floating by...~~

mbeguk is on a distinguished road
Default New to the course

Hey
I started working in a nursery last year and have no other experience (apart from work experience at school) working with in a children's or young persons setting etc. I was signed up for my level 3 in Feb, and I'm really struggling. I'm doing it with YMCA.

My assessor takes forever to reply to me, from a week to two. She is a nice enough woman but she takes far too long to reply to me and when she does she's still not much help. I am on the second assignment, 055. I emailed her around a couple of weeks ago with what I'd done as she said she was sending out help sheets and stuff, but I recieved an email from her yesterday which was completely unrelated to me asking her for help.

I'm finding it very difficult to deal with her and the course in general. I have no motivation to do the course because I've not done anything like this before and I'm really getting no help from her.

I don't know what to do. Colleagues think I should ring up and complain about her. I just want to crack on and get it done, but I feel like I can't because I'm constantly stuck with no support. I'm not expecting someone to spoon feed me the answers and whatnot, but giving me something to go off would be a start.

What do you think I should do?

-----------------------------------------